Saturday, April 6, 2024

RSC Week #14 - Yellow for April

 HAPPY APRIL!

Easter came and went, I hope you all had some relaxing and nice days. For us, it was all normal days. In Norway, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Monday are all public holidays. None public holidays for Easter in Mauritius. I never get the feeling of Easter here, except seeing the odd chocolate Easter bunnies and Easter eggs in the supermarkets.

New month and new color!
Angela at SoScrappy has chosen YELLOW for April's RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I don't know about you, but I prefer doing the RSC blocks the first week(s) in each month. When the blocks are done, I can concentrate on my 'to-do' list. No, I don't make a 'to-do' list for every month. That had freaked me out and I hadn't been able to do anything! LOL I don't even make plans for the next day. 



All the blocks for 'Keep the Home Fires Burning' are done 
6 four-patches

2 Pinwheels

4 bowties

3 friendship stars

2 nine-patches


2 nine-patches


Split-9 blocks in yellow. These are fast and fun to make

...and I had all these (already cut) 2.5 inch yellow squares. 
A box containing quilt shop samples were gifted to me some years ago. (Quilt shop in Norway that had to close). I didn't like these yellows, a bit too modern for me. I cut the samples into squares and I have used some in scrappy 36-patches and there were still a lot! 
First I thought of making two placemats, but 'of course' there were not enough (by one square!) for making two! 


I was playing with the layout and this is how it turned out
...a small bright sunny table topper! 
I think it needs a narrow black border, what do you think?

I still have the Scrap Jar and Zipper blocks to make.

The green table quilts and coasters are finished and off to Norway they fly next week! 

I have neglected housework for ..... I don't dare saying for how long!!! It's long overdue and I have to get to it soonest. 
But first; COFFEE!!! 
Second: Housework (ugh!) 

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 


14 comments:

Sharon said...

Your yellow blocks are beautiful! Happy April to you. :)

Chantal said...

Astrid, I love your yellow blocks! You did so many already. Great job! I believe that the bow ties are done wrong though. Aren't they all supposed to look like the bottom right one? Or maybe the pattern asked for a different bowtie? Anywho! You have great yellow prints. Love the bananas! Enjoy! ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I guess in your part of the world it is a lot of Buddhist and Hindu and Sikhs which would explain not a big deal on Christian holy holidays?

Carolyn said...

Wow! That’s a lot of blocks. I will start mine soon. I can’t imagine living where Easter is not a public holiday.

Sara said...

Lovely yellow blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun yellow blocks! I really like that tabletopper you're working on. Those modern fabrics work well together!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You've been busy! Can't help but smile when I see the sunny yellows.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on all the yellow blocks.
So many different designs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty batch of YELLOW blocks, Astrid! Regarding the one square short of a second placemat... perhaps you could choose a different color or a multicolor print which includes a bit of yellow for the center square.

Jenny said...

Pretty yellow blocks. We have been on a caravan trip over Easter a d luckily the Easter Bunny tracked us down and left us some Easter goodies.

Maggie said...

A wonderful idea. Do the RSC blocks in the first week of the month. I’m going to try that, it will be great to get them finished first thing. Especially with spring here and wanting to do gardening, more walking in nature and lots of other activities. Your yellow blocks looks really awesome.

Barwitzki said...

Your dreams are beautiful in yellow :-)
The small, bright sunny table centerpiece made from 2.5" squares is beautiful... good things take time!
Yes, a very narrow black border or this shade of blue.
And yes, after such a great job, coffee first.
Many kind regards from Viola.

grammajudyb said...

I’m doing Split Nines also. I enlarged yours to look more closely at the fabrics. Love the ears of corn and the fussy cut Leopard!

You have lots of yellows!

Solomae said...

Love your yellow blocks!