Saturday, April 13, 2024

RSC Week #15 Yellow continues

First of all, as Chantal pointed out in my previous post, that I sewed three of the four bowtie blocks the wrong way! I was a bit cross-eyed after making all those blocks that day! lol Mistakes happen when we are tired. 
I had to make them the right way, or else it had haunted me forever!


 
Here they are! Redone!
Thank you Chantal for pointing it out! 


Yellow Scrap Jar blocks done


...and finally; Zipper blocks


The small yellow table topper has got a black border. I used a piece of ... well, not really 'ugly' fabric, but... a bit too yellow to my taste, for the back. (Forgot to take photo of the back). The black border is 2" cut, I may trim it down a bit after the quilting is done. 


Currently working on some hot pads, placemats and coasters.
I want to do as much as possible on these this weekend. Monday is already middle April and I so, so, so need to work on UFOs! 

The last days have been HOT. April, it is supposed to be cooler. The last couple of days we've had +32C / 89.6F (+34C / 93.2F in Port Louis and along the coast). Meteo says +3-4C above seasonal means! It feels like it's February! Not April! 

More yard work was done the last couple of days. 


This is the 'Rodrigues Lemon' tree I wrote about here
The leaves are looking healthy and I hope it stays like that! 

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge





14 comments:

Mary R. said...

The scrap jar blocks are so fun! You have gotten a lot of yellow scraps used; good luck with the UFO.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You're accomplishing using a lot of yellow - not a colour I work with very much because it's not one of my favourites. I should really force myself and perhaps I would grow to like it more.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to have a lemon tree - so many yellow blocks - I didn't look closely and didn't notice the bad blocks - glad someone spotted it for you.

Maggie said...

Beautiful blocks, as for the oops did not even notice it when I read your post. The weather is definitely all over the place and we are supposed to have warmer days, the weather goes from hot 20C to 6C at the moment. We are looking forward to seeing the warm weather and relaxing outside for a bit. The tree looks amazing and it is so green. Funny how we crave the green colour when we have had winter and dreary days. Hope you get some cooler days to enjoy.

Andee Neff said...

Lots of pretty yellow coming along!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What gorgeous blocks all sewn in the RSC yellows, Astrid!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You have such a lovely variety of yellow scraps. Fun to see all the different blocks and projects you have opted to use them on.

Jenny said...

I checked back on your previous post to see the incorrect bow ties, didnt really notice the error last week. You will be pleased to have redone them, I'm sure. You are still keeping busy with all that lovely sunny yellow fabric.

grammajudyb said...

Yellow is such a variety of tones and hues. Butter to bright lemon, burnished gold to sunshiny gold! You have lots of pretty ones! Wishing you some cooler weather!

Susie H said...

Great blocks using so much yellow. Wonderful job. Hope things cool off for you. I don't like it when the heat stays on and on and on. I'm always ready for cooler weather!

Deb A said...

So many great yellow projects you are tackling. Love the scrap jar stars.

Chantal said...

Glad I could help. You used up a lot of yellow bits this week. All your blocks look great but the small table topper is the best. Oh, I love this one. Looks like your lemon tree will survive. Enjoy! ;^)

Jeanna said...

You have made some lovely blocks with your yellow scraps. I like the coasters and hot pads as well.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have a lot of pretty yellows going on!! Love the scrap jar blocks