Sunday, April 21, 2024

RSC Week #16 - End of Yellow... Almost

...at least for me!

I have a small finish


The table topper got black border and binding, Grunge Onyx Black

The hot pads, placemats and coasters are quilted and binding added to the front.


Round hot pads and coasters


Square placemats and hot pads

Both fabrics have some blue / turquoise and I found this Moda Marbles Key West Blue 9880-49 in my stash. I had a look at the new Moda Marbles color chart and it looks like it has been replaced with 9863 Turquoise.   
The bindings need to be hand sewn or machine sewn to the back. I do not have matching thread at all, either too light or too dark. 
Need to purchase a small spool, but that has to wait some days. Usually parcels to Mauritius transit through Dubai Airport. A few days ago, Dubai got rain worth of 2 years, in about 24 hours! Streets flooded, airport flooded, flights cancelled, everything to a standstill. Airport is still disrupted after the storm. Parcels are usually shipped UPS, I wonder if the company is redirecting flights to other airports. 

Yellow yardage and squares are stored away for this time. 

This weekend I'm actually working on a UFO! Part of it is quilted and before I continue, it's time for an afternoon CUPPA. Thunderstorms this morning and torrential rain expected, meteo says. Perfect sewing weather! 


Fascinating scenery this morning. If you look closely to the right, you'll see a faded
 second rainbow.

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge



11 comments:

Chantal said...

I love your little yellow and black table topper. It looks like a beehive to me, although I don't know why. Enjoy your sewing day. ;^)

Mary said...

I love rainbows. Hot pads and placemats are great for instant gratification when that's what you need. Very pretty!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty scenery - that was amazing news that Dubai had flooding wasn't it - who would have thought!
pretty quilted pieces

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

First!! WOW!! that mountain shot is gorgeous!! I can not imaging that much rain is such a short period of time!
Your yellow finish is beautiful -as are your hot pads and placemats!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such sweet sunny projects! What an amazing rainbow photo! Have a wonderful day.

Carolyn said...

Oh, those are beautiful! I haven’t even started on my yellows—maybe this week.

Cathy said...

I love your yellow table topper, Astrid! And the quilting on those pot holders and placemats-to-be is perfect! What a lovely rainbow picture too!

Karen S said...

Lovely work with your yellow projects.
Yes, we heard about all the rain in Dubai. It was so odd to see it on the news.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm not usually a huge fan of yellow but I do like your table topper.
Lucky capture of the double rainbow; not always easy to do!

Jeanna said...

Love all of your projects. The black border looks great on the topper. Well done, Astrid.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great yellow RSC projects!!! Ohhh, that rainbow!! So beautiful!!!