The RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color chosen for August, is yellow.
After finishing BIG BLUE (Got the Blues, #8 on my UFO list), I felt for working on something smaller. What's better than piecing together some 2" squares to 9-patches
A mix of my own cut squares and swaps. It didn't make a dent in the box containing 2" squares, but at least 72 squares are out of that box!
I did some Christmas sewing for my DF in Norway
These are made from upcycled Christmas curtains (cotton). They belonged to my friend, but when he got tired of them, he gave them to me! I rediscovered them when I was decluttering and decided to make something to him - to remember his curtains! LOL, as well as to myself. His items are on the way to Norway. I have yet to make something for myself. I have yet to decide, it may be some placemats. I love the bullfinches, they are so beautiful. We always saw them on the bird feeder during winters in Norway.
Earlier this week, when we went shopping, we came across this cute little guy
I believe this is the Mauritius Lowland Forest Day Gecko, which is native to the western coast of Mauritius. It's not often we see them, I was really happy getting a photo of this beauty.
*******
Linking up with

.jpg)



9 comments:
You’ve made lovely placemats. It’s always a joy to sew little gifts.
The gecko is fabulous—what a color! Great photo. Thank you.
Best regards and have a happy Sunday. Viola
I really love these, Astrid.
Lovely placemat and runner, Astrid;)))) I am sure your friend will love them...
Such pretty fabric...nice work Still rainy and humid here--hoping the sun may come out this afternoon to dry us out...too many gray days in a row for me!!
Hugs, Julierose
I too need a switch in project when I finish something. Nine Patch blocks are always a great one. Lovely print. The placemat and table toppers are perfect for showing it off. ;^)
That gecko is impressive - lucky you to be able to get such a great photo of one.
Your friend is going to be so surprised to see his curtains remade into something else...that's an inspired gift!
Those yellow nine patches are the perfect thing to sew after finishing something big! I love the table set you made for your friend, too. Those birds are really pretty!
that gecko is so very bright green - what a wonderful sight to see although I'm sure you are used to it by now but so very different from where you grew up!!
So glad you used that fabric. It was too pretty to just keep in your stash. Your friend will enjoy them! The gecko is such a pretty green!
Great to get the 9 patches and the plaemats done.
Those are stunning colours on the gecko.
Post a Comment