The RSC color for August is YELLOW.
Not much yellow has happened in the sewing room,
except two Scrappy Irish Chain blocks
81-patches blocks
White, cream and yellow squares are from my stash, the others from swaps (here). I started this project to use up some of my 'zillion' 2" squares. The pattern uses 2.5" squares and finish at 90" square. Using 2" squares, it finishes at 68", that is IF my math is right!
What else happened in the sewing room this week?
My Secret Sewing quilt is done. I can't show any photos until it is delivered (end of September).
Jolly Tree Farm has been tread basted and is ready for quilting
We've had nice weather most of the week, which we took advantage of and did some never-ending yard work.
Our two bougainvillea are in full bloom
My DF Kari figured out the name of this flower
It's called Walking Iris, native to Brazil
I posted about it here
What are your plans for the coming week?
I seldom make plans, they almost always fail. What I would like to do, is to prep A Quilting Life's BOM 2025 for quilting. I'm not doing a pieced backing for this one. I have a piece of 108" wide backing I'm going to use. It's washed and drying on the line.
I also have Pat Sloan's '182 Day Solstice' flimsy (+ pieced backing) to prep for quilting. I don't have any photo of the flimsy.
Weather wise; A cold front is approaching from the South (Antarctica), causing intermittent rain, strong wind and drop in temperature by 4 degrees Celsius, from this (Friday) afternoon. BRRR!
Is it still hot where you live, or is there any sign of fall?
*************
Linking up with






No comments:
Post a Comment