The RSC color for August is YELLOW.
Not much yellow has happened in the sewing room,
except two Scrappy Irish Chain blocks
81-patches blocks
White, cream and yellow squares are from my stash, the others from swaps (here). I started this project to use up some of my 'zillion' 2" squares. The pattern uses 2.5" squares and finish at 90" square. Using 2" squares, it finishes at 68", that is IF my math is right!
What else happened in the sewing room this week?
My Secret Sewing quilt is done. I can't show any photos until it is delivered (end of September).
Jolly Tree Farm has been tread basted and is ready for quilting
We've had nice weather most of the week, which we took advantage of and did some never-ending yard work.
Our two bougainvillea are in full bloom
My DF Kari figured out the name of this flower
It's called Walking Iris, native to Brazil
I posted about it here
What are your plans for the coming week?
I seldom make plans, they almost always fail. What I would like to do, is to prep A Quilting Life's BOM 2025 for quilting. I'm not doing a pieced backing for this one. I have a piece of 108" wide backing I'm going to use. It's washed and drying on the line.
I also have Pat Sloan's '182 Day Solstice' flimsy (+ pieced backing) to prep for quilting. I don't have any photo of the flimsy.
Weather wise; A cold front is approaching from the South (Antarctica), causing intermittent rain, strong wind and drop in temperature by 4 degrees Celsius, from this (Friday) afternoon. BRRR!
Is it still hot where you live, or is there any sign of fall?
*************
Linking up with






18 comments:
I am loving the vibrant colours in the bougainvilleas. Do they stay flowering for long?
The iris is stunning.
Looks like you have kept up with your stitching too.
Your Irish Chain is looking good! I love the bright scrappy colors! Now that you said the name of that flower, I can see that it does look like an iris.
Yellow like a sunflower... great colors; it reminds me of summer.
I’m really looking forward to seeing your quilt when it comes back from the quilter.
The iris blossom is enchanting.
Cheery greetings from Viola
That iris is incredible! I love the scrappy blocks - they remind me of my grandma's who made scrappy quilts all the time.
Such beautiful flowers! I love the way you're using up your 2" squares. I love the yellow. It's still pretty warm here but it's supposed to cool off by morning. I'll believe it when I see it! Have a great weekend!
Beautiful photos, Astrid. I love your scrappy blocks too.
Gorgeous flowers! The scrappy blocks are going to make an amazing quilt.
I love your scrappy Irish Chain blocks, Astrid! That's going to be gorgeous. Beautiful bougainvillea, too! Hope the weather isn't too nasty with the storm coming in. We seem to be going back and forth between hints of fall and hot summer temperatures - Mother Nature just can't decide!
such pretty flowers I love them
I always love a scrappy Irish Chain and yours, done in yellow is sure to be a sunny one. Those flowers are amazing. Hope the rain doesn't damage your beautiful flowers. Enjoy! ;^)
We get cold weather fronts from Antarctica here in New Zealand from time to time. Our Spring is almost here, next month, in September. You've done some pretty stitching this week.
That Christmas quilt is so precious. It will be the perfect decor to get in the holiday mood. Such fun to see what blooms in other parts of the globe. I will live vicariously through your blooms.
I love your bougainvilleas -- it's been a long time since we lived where they grew all over the place. I'm looking forward to seeing your secret quilt. We are still in the grip of summer -- yes, the day before Sept. begins. Temps this week will be around 100° (F) and won't go below 70 at night. Our weather has been hot all summer with little if any relief. Hopefully we'll see relief soon. Happy stitching this week!
Your Irish Chain blocks look fun in those scrappy fabrics. Love your Jolly Tree Farm quilt, too. I haven't started mine yet.
What a great use for the scraps. You can never go wrong with a scrappy quilt. ;) Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
The pretty blossoms are gorgeous! Yep it is back to hot 90 degrees and very humid here again. Stay safe with the approaching storm Astrid.
The Irish Chain blocks look fun & I love the fabrics you chose for your Jolly Tree Farm. Very nice.
You're making good progress with your 81 patch blocks!!! Beautiful and unique flower!!!
Post a Comment