How was your weekend? I hope you had a good one.
Here, it was 'quilting weather'; intermittent rain, strong wind and cold. With high humidity, it feels colder than it is. BRRR! While writing this (Monday morning) it's pouring rain.
Two quilts (UFOs) were thread basted;
A Quilting Life's BOM 2025
It measures approximately 87 inches / 220 cm square. It's a monster to quilt on my domestic sewing machine, but it will be done, eventually. My goal is to finish it by end of September (this year!). I forgot taking a photo of the flimsy and the pieced backing. It will all be revealed when finished. Patience, please!
After spending some hours prepping and thread basting these two quilts, I was not ready to start quilting any of them right away.
Instead, I pulled out the box containing 5" squares and made two 99 Charms Quilt tops! You may remember I made some earlier this year (here and here).
I had squares of some odd 'red'. I don't know exactly what colors they are; they are not red, not pink, not purple, but something in between.
I came up with the idea to mix them with purple, black and brown. Most squares are from the box, I just had to cut a few to get enough. I don't know how many times that grape fabric has been in and out of the shelf, same with the floral William Morris fabric (left and right side of the quilt). I'm so glad these two are out of the shelf forever! lol
This one I have just added rows in the same colors. I had to cut 2-3 squares of some colors to get enough. There are still squares in the box, a mix match of colors. I'm quite sure there are still enough squares for one quilt, whenever I feel for making another one.
Tuesday Update:
Currently quilting 'Solstice'
I'm custom quilting each block (25 blocks!). If I can do two per day, I should reach my goal this month.
Wish me luck!
Linking up with


.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment