Monday, September 14, 2026

Unboxing Kris Kringle Panel Quilt Kit

 I was going to continue quilting 'Solstice' this Monday morning, but after a couple of seams, this is what happened:


Mini-Bug found the best place to rest after being outside for more than two hours! 
I need to move the quilt to be able to sew, but that won't work as long as he sleeps there!

I have a couple of UFOs as WIPs:
- Solstice: continue quilting, 10 blocks out of 25 left to quilt
- Basket Wall Quilt - waiting for binding fabric

This morning, I unboxed the Kris Kringle kit (Teresa Kogut). I purchased the kit in 2023 or 2024, but never got around to make it! 


This is UFO #19 on my UFO list. 


It comes with the pattern


panel (this is half of the panel)


...and fabrics

I'm excited about this one, as I am with everything Christmas! 
The pattern is 12 pages, including the templates for the stars. I'll have to read the pattern properly (for once!) before I start cutting! 

Do you decorate with the same wall quilts for Christmas every year? I have a few I made years ago that I do love and find difficult to replace. It's also fun to make something new to display. 

Dentist appointment this morning, have to get ready!  




10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute Kris Kringle! I like to decorate at Xmas time - some people say the older they get the less they decorate - I hope that won't be the case with me - I like decorating for it

Marit Johanne said...

Det ser spennende ut å åpne opp mønster og stoff til et nytt prosjekt! Jeg har et jule quilt veggheng som jeg bruker hvert år. Det lagde jeg med utgangspunkt i et stoff med julekrybbe motiv. Jeg fant mønster til blokker som passet til og satte det sammen.

Sara said...

Your Christmas UFO is going to be adorable! What a cute kit!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can almost hear the siren song of that sweet Santa kit! Your kitty knew what he was doing.
As for quilt decorating for Christmas, I will have a couple on the walls this year once I finish working on the current Him and Me landscape. I have an ever-changing art 'gallery' on my sewing room walls and change what landscapes I display with the seasons, so I thought it was time to have some Christmas versions to display.

Karen S said...

This quilt looks lovely. Good luck!

Julierose said...

WOW--what an adorable kit, Astrid--this will be such fun for you to put together and for us to see your progress.. [I think blogger has fixed the issue with getting our feeds back to normal--mine came up this morning--yay!!]
Enjoy hugs, Julierose

Carolyn said...

Hopefully by now you have been able to continue your quilting! Kris Kringle will make a nice Christmas quilt. I have some Christmas quilts for decorating and some for the beds, and I will continue to use those. When you only get them out once a year, they seem new again!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your Kris Kringle kit! My cats love sitting on anything soft especially if I'm working on it! So funny!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh the Kris Kringle kit is fabulous, He will be a fun project to work on.

Jeanna said...

I love your Teresa Kogut quilt kit. Her patterns, both cross-stitch and quilting, are amazing. I'll look forward to watching the progress on this one.