Saturday, September 19, 2026

RSC Week 38 - Solstice Update

It's Saturday and time for RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) update. 
This month is purple. 

Even if my intention has been to piece together some purple nine patches, that has not happened. My goal for this month is to finish '182 Day Solstice Challenge', and I'm happy to say I'm almost there!

Since the RSC color is purple, I'm quilting one of the two purple blocks today. The other purple block was quilted earlier this month - here. 


It's a big block, it measures 24" / 61 cm square, finished. 


When the purple block is done, I have left to quilt the orange (to the left) and the red between the purple and orange blocks. 

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE! 

*****************

Linking to 



13 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

We are block to block custom quilters instead of allover edge to edge and so it seems it takes us forever. Oh joy, when we're done with this one, there is usually one waiting it's turn. Wishing you a great week, Astrid.

Julierose said...

Your quilting is coming along so well on this one, Astrid!!:))) I have five more "littles" to finish up still--no way they'll get done before year's end, I'm afraid--altho' that is my aim...working on my applique bouquet right now..
.hugs, Julierose

Sara said...

From what we can see that is a really great quilt. Good for you to be getting it so close to finished.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like your large blocks and the way that you are quilting them as you go. What a great way to have a "quick" finish when you have finished piecing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't started purple yet I have not made much progress this week on projects.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a pretty block with all the different purples, Astrid! Isn't it fun to revisit all your scrappy pieces as you quilt? You're getting closer and closer to a finish!

Jenny said...

You are nearly there with your quilting, well done. Are the blogger posts you read being updated again? Some of mine are, but not all, so it is still frustrating.

Edith said...

Congratulations on being almost finished with the solstice challenge, what I can see looks very pretty.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely progress, Astrid!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Beautiful purple peek at your quilt, Astrid! Love checking out those shades and prints!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You're getting there! You're doing great! I love purple. I can't believe it's already Fall. How did that happen???

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hello Astrid, I love your progress and talent. As for the Blogger news reader, Google has been working on it but there is still work to be done.
On my blog I have given suggestions on alternative ways to keep up with the new posts of the blogs you follow.
All of my suggestions are free.
Hope this helps.

Astrid said...

Hello Linda! Thank you for the suggestions! It looks like there are still some work to be done. Hope they can fix it all soonest.