Now that 'Solstice' is finished (yesterday), I'm moving on to another UFO.
This is UFO #4 on my UFO list 2026. I don't have any records of when I started working on this one, it may have been in 2020 or 2021 since it appears on the last years UFO lists.
I'm giving this one another try!
The 'problem' is; the pattern is in French! ... and I don't know French! My DH speaks French, which helps a lot, although he is not that fluent in 'quilting language'.
I'm also using Google Translate from French to English, or Norwegian, but there are some phrases that does not make sense at all! It took me some time to figure out this translation:
Pour les pattes de suspension - translated to: For the suspension brackets! ?????? It took me some time to figure out it's 'hanging tabs'! LOL
French quilt patterns are usually in metric, not imperial, which makes it even more tricky. I've been using imperial since I started quilting, about 20 years ago.
I also believe the pattern is 'over-explained' (for newbies).
Batting is not used for this one. Instead, Vliseline S80 is used. Alternative is Pellon 70. 'Of course' I have Pellon 71F and 72F, not 70! However, I do have 'Stiff Stuff' (Lazy Girl Design). What I have read, it can be used as an alternative to the S80 as well.
Or, I can use thin cotton batting instead of interfacing?
If you have any experience using interfacing, please let me know.
Any suggestions are much appreciated.
I can see how it is done, but my brain and hands don't cooperate! LOL If the pattern is stubborn, I can be even more stubborn!
I really like this card holder, it's a fun design. The pattern appears in the French magazine 'Elena Patchwork' Septembre 2011


No comments:
Post a Comment