Monday, August 17, 2020

APQ's UFO Challenge 2020 - April Finish

As I have mentioned earlier, I focused on UFO's during the lock-down. No I-net, dead computer and stuck inside, quilting kept me sane. Thank goodness the sewing machine didn't act up! I didn't feel for taking photos after a quilt was finished and now I have lots to catch up. 

This is Quilty Team and APQ's UFO Challenge 2020; #1 - April challenge (my UFO list #13). 

Full / Double bed size quilt; 79.50 x 95.50 inches / 202 x 242.5 cm  (Pic taken on bed measuring 47 x 79 inches / 120 x 200 cm)

These are log cabin blocks I've been working on since March 2016. Already at that time I had lots of 1.5 inch strips just stored in boxes and no idea what to do with them. 

Log cabin quilts is and will always be my favorite. I had so much fun piecing together these strips. Some of the fabrics are from when I started quilting, in 2005!

No wide backing for this quilt either. I had to put on the thinking cap and came up with this design. I had just enough blocks to add to the back. The yardage is different floral fabrics from my stash that most probably had never been used for anything else. Yeah me using fabric from my stash! 👍


Closeup of the back. 

**********

APQ & QUILTSY TEAM UFO CHALLENGE LIST per August 17, 2020

#1 - Log Cabin #1 (my list #13) - April FINISHED!

#2 - PSQ / Pinwheel Lap Quilt (my list #10) January FINISHED!

#3 - Scrappy 2" strips (my list #15)

#4 - Black / White Wall Hanging (my list #7)

#5 - Deer Log Cabin TT (my list #17) July

#6 - Nifty Nurses Wall Hanging (my list #3)

#7 - Log Cabin #3 (my list #18) March FINISHED! 

#8 - Snowman Village Wall Hanging (my list #9) August

#9 - Log Cabin #2 (my list #14) February FINISHED!

#10 - Snowman Village WH Attic Window (my list #8)

#11 - Scrappy 1" squares (my list #16) June FINISHED!

#12 - Star Batik Quilt (my list #12) May

My UFO's for May and July are FINISHED as well, I've yet to take photos. 


 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful scrappy log cabin quilt! You have such a nice balance of color and shade; mine usually turn out very dark.

JM in Toronto said...

Lovely quilt, Astrid! I'm sure it feels great to use up scraps and fabric that's not allocated to another project. I've been cutting scraps into 1-1/2" logs lately, but I haven't attempted a quilt with them yet - just table toppers.

Chantal said...

It is wonderful, Astrid! I so love this one. Congrats on getting finished with the stash's help. ;^)

Karen S said...

This is a stunning finish. Well worth all the effort. Love the way you have done the backing too. A beautiful finish.