Sunday, March 27, 2022

Attacking Another UFO

 To those of you set on 'noreply commet'; thank you for your comments on my previous post!

So, I hope I'm on the right track with my UFO's. After finishing the Advent Calendar, I pulled out another UFO. This is #1 on my UFO list; Vegetables Wall Organizer


It was also on my UFO list 2021, but since I was struggling to make it my way and not what the pattern said, it was put aside. 


Bright and colorful fabric I bought.... when? Can't even remember! lol

After almost breaking my brain to figure out how to add pockets (my way!) to a kitchen wall organizer (#1), I gave up and that is why it remained a UFO. 


Working on it again, after more brain work, I gave up and followed the pattern instruction; make the pockets and turn them inside out. Now they have to be quilted before I stitch them to the background.


These are the first pockets I made (wall organizer #2). This is how I wanted to make #1, but with two pockets to the left and one to the right, I couldn't figure out how to do it without messing up the text on the fabric. Perhaps I'm silly?! lol


In addition to the two wall organizers, I made a table runner too. 

Another goal for 2022 is to use up fabric from my stash and only buy fabric I need to finish items. I have more left from this fabric line and I want to use up as much as I can. Not sure what I'm going to make, but I'm leaning towards 2-4 place mats.

The last week has been so hot and humid, hopefully the last scorching days before it gets cooler. Can't wait! Feeling drained just to go grocery shopping down the road and back. We took advantaged of a couple of sunny mornings (no rain during the nights) and did some long overdue yard work. It's way too hot working outside after 11:00 a.m. More needs to be done, but it has to wait, we need to 'recover' a few days. 

Oh, and we have two helpers in the garden; two feral kitties, who are not so feral anymore!


This is Tikk-Tikk


... and here is Tokk-Tokk

Cat mama moved them (they were four) from somewhere to our garden, under some tin sheets (Dec last year). I didn't have the heart not to feed them. Cat mama moved the other two from our garden and I don't know what has happened to them, they may be gone. These curious ones have already explored the kitchen and the lower ground floor! Tokk-Tokk allows me to pet him, while Tikk-Tikk is more shy. We lost our beloved old cat last year and I love having cats again, even if they are outdoor cats. 
   

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

understand about yard work in morning hours or evening we do that here in summer also. nice projects you have going on and colorful

Chantal said...

Those are gorgeous fabrics, Astrid. Show us a picture of the finished wall organizer, please. It is something I would like to do. Love your kittens! 😻 Outdoor or not, cats are wonderful stress-reducer pets. Enjoy their company. ;^)

Karen S said...

Lovely bright colours in these fabrics. Well done getting on with the UFOs.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh , Astrid. I love the wall organizer. The fabrics are fabulous. It is hard to find veggie fabrics in my area. I do have a small collection from years ago .Beautiful job. Have a very lovely day. Hugs.

Barwitzki said...

The wall hanging full of veggies is going to be great... and it's always great to make a new runner and put it on the table... my hands are twitching too... but I still have to sew a pair of pants :-) ))
Have fun with "your" cats.
Viola wishes you a nice Sunday.

Ivani said...

So great you decide to work on those UFO's organizers. They are looking really pretty.
Love your new 2 kittens, they are very lucky to find you.
Have a great week, Astrid.

Fiona said...

The wall organiser is lovely = very cheerful. UFO's and using up stash is a great goal... good luck.

Hugz