Saturday, May 20, 2023

RSC Week 20 - May is Orange

 Hello everyone! 
Any progress on Orange - the RSC color for May, hosted by Angela over at SOScrappy
I'm a bit behind, but will get there eventually. I have been busy finishing the purple quilt top. More about that in another blog post. 

Orange. Orange has never been a favorite color and that is visible in my stash; approximately 4.5 yards.


Some of them may be seen as yellow with orange, like #6 from left. The spots are orange and since I have only a few, I chose to use it as orange. I had already cut the squares when I remembered to take photos. Didn't have much of those two fabrics, turning them into reversible coasters. 


I've cut triangles for the Swirling Star Quilt. One block (big and small) has 14 colors. I have 12 different orange. I would love if I can find 2 more, which I doubt!

Update!!! 
I had totally forgotten the Moda Marbles! Had a look there and found 3 orange! That adds more t0 the yardage; approximately 7 yards. Plan this evening is to make one big and two small blocks for the Swirling Star Quilt. 

Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - RSC 

11 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Orange isn't one of my favourite colours either so I don't have much in my stash. I'm slowly adding more because sometimes I want it in a landscape or it works nicely as a border.

Chantal said...

Orange seems to be a love-or-hate kind of colour. Not many people are in between the extreme. I love it. It always adds pizzazz to any quilt or project. I'm glad you found some more. Enjoy! ;^)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on finding orange in your stash! Moda Marbles are awesome...it will be fun to see your star quilt completed!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have not gotten Moda Marbles fabric for awhile - thank you for reminding me of it!! I had always loved that fabric I don't know why I hadn't gotten any in ages.

Ivani said...

Orange seems to be a color that many of us don't have too much. But yours are beautiful, Astrid. Glad you found some more to make the star blocks. Have a great week.

Susie H said...

All those strips qualify as orange, so good for you! I was happy to read the UPDATE that you'd found more orange. Can't wait to see what you play with this week!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Pretty oranges, Astrid!!! I feel like orange has been a neglected color for many of us. I guess I'm behind as I haven't started my orange blocks yet! Ten days left, so I better pull them out!

Julierose said...

I also love oranges--from lightest peach to rusts...;)) My eldest grandson's favorite color, too.. I don't have much left in my stash as most of it went into his "going away to college" spider web quilt--quite a while ago, too now; he's 23 and moving to Boston in June for his work. Time flies for sure...hugs, Julierose

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Orange is a struggle for me, too. However, I can be persuaded when the orange is a batik, especially like the one you showcased sewn with the white triangles. Good for you to push through and accomplish something in a color you are adverse to.

Karen S said...

Glad you found some orange. Not something a lot of us use in large amounts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I do like your oranges tho - I think that may be a color I often overlook -but I am loving seeing the variety of what is out there