Saturday, January 27, 2024

RSC Week #4 - Last of the Greens

 It has been another wet week due to cyclone 'Candice'. Last week it was 'Belal'. 'Candice' was nothing compared to 'Belal'. It kept us in suspense for three days, looping over the island before it decided to accelerate and leave. 
Perfect days staying inside playing with RSC green fabric.

Except for the Split-9 blocks I made last week, I've made some new blocks where I can use some of the 2" squares that have multiplied over the years! 

I've made 4 Scrap Jar blocks



The 16-patches center is all from my 2" cut squares. The spikes and background are 4" cut squares,  which comes to good use as well.


I got carried away making Zipper blocks! Using more 2" squares.

I thought I had only six green fabrics left after making Gerdrik's quilt last year. How could I forget the Moda Marbles Greens?! I know why; they are stored in another linen closet since there's no space where the other fabrics are. 

I had a small piece of the green dots fabric left after I made the Zipper blocks


just enough for three 9-patch blocks. What I'm going to do with these later, I don't know. 


After making the Scrap Jar blocks, I'm now left with some HST that will be put aside for now. As you can see; they are yet to be pressed! 

Linking up with Angela and RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge



10 comments:

Jenny said...

What a worry to you all on the island waiting for the big storms to come. You made some nice green blocks to keep your mind off the weather woes.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well due to the storms it looks like you got some work done - I guess you didn't loose your electrical power which is always good - your blocks look great

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lots of pretties! I'm glad I never got into sane quilting because I know full well I'd end up with a massive stash, most of which I'd never use. Bad enough what I've managed to accumulate for doing landscapes!

Chantal said...

So happy that Candice didn't stay for dinner! Wonderful Scrap Jar Star, Astrid. I didn't sew the bonus triangles on my SJS. I decided to just store them as triangles and I'm using them in another block this year. If I can do something worthy of a post this weekend, I'll show it. Otherwise, it will be next weekend. (Sorry.) It looks like you had a lot of fun with the zipper blocks. Well done for using the leftovers as 9-patch blocks. Those are always useful.
Enjoy! ;^)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lots of green scraps have come out to play at your house! What a worry to have big storms headed your way! Stay safe

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Scrap Jar Star block - yours are pretty in green! Definitely a great way to use up those 2 inch squares, and the zipper blocks, too.

Karen S said...

Great use of all your green scraps. The blocks look great.
Glad you are safe after the cyclones.

Char said...

It’s wet here too Astrid. Love those zipper blocks. Great use of your 2” squares!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Excellent use of your GREEN scraps, Astrid!!

Bonnie said...

You have been incredibly busy playing with the greens. And, good for you for using up some 2" blocks. I try to always have some project planned using either 2" or 2.5" squares that I cut on a regular basis. I've got at least 2 maybe 3 tops using those sizes sitting waiting to be quilted. It turns out I enjoy making blocks more than actually finishing quilts. Sigh.