Saturday, January 6, 2024

January 2024 - Time (again!) for UFOs

 HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

So, here we go again; UFO's 2024
I was a slug last year! Out of 18 UFO's (quilts), I finished only one! And that was an Advent Calendar. I also finished two small cross stitched wall hangings
Did I make more UFO's to add to the list in 2023? Of course I did! 
Thanks to the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023), I can add 4 UFO's to the list! Plus some scrappy blocks I started and a Patriotic Table Runner I had forgotten about. That makes it a total of 23 UFO's! YIKES! 
 My GOAL is to finish at least 12 UFO's this year. Will I manage? I have to do better than last year!!! LOL


1) New York Beauty Quilt
Progress: blocks pieced together, thread basted, ready for quilting
2) PSQ 36-patches
Progress: more blocks added
3) Wedding Ring Quilt
Progress: Zero! 
4) Scrappy Christmas Stars
Progress: Zero!
5) Christmas Card Holder
Progress: Decided on fabrics

6) Basket Quilt
Progress: Zero!
7) Scrappy 4" squares
Progress: Zero
8) Scrappy Pineapple Quilt
Progress: thread basted, ready for quilting
9) Crumb Quilt
Progress: Zero!
10) Irish Chain Quilt, blue & white
Progress: thread basted, ready for quilting
11) Got the Blues Quilt
Progress: all blocks done
12) Poppies Wall Hanging
Progress: Zero! 
13) Scrappy Flannel
Progress: Zero! 


14) Tomten's Quilt
Progress: Zero!
15) Granny Squares Quilt
Progress: Zero!
16) House Quilt
Progress: Purchased fabric for sashing
17) Snowman Wall Hanging
Progress: Thread basted, ready for quilting

UFO's added 2023:


18) Swirling Stars Quilt
Latest: all blocks done
19) Star Streams Quilt
Latest: Zero!
20) Bases Loaded, Purple Quilt
Latest: Purchased fabric for backing
21) Patchwork Potpourri Scrappy
Latest: Zero!
22) Orange/Brown Star Quilt  
Latest: Purchased a few orange FQ's / buy fabric for backing?
23) Patriotic Table Runner
Progress: Thread basted, ready for quilting

Knitting / Crocheting / Stitchery



24) Shawl (knitting)
25) Open Finger Gloves (knitting)
26) Santa (knitting)
27) Gnome (knitting)
28) Bed cover / Tablecloth (knitting)
29) Granny Squares Blanket (crocheting) 


30) Over the River and Through the Woods stitchery - here
Progress: Nothing since the above photo was taken

WISH ME LUCK! 



8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - that's a lot of UFO's! I guess I'm one of those strange people who doesn't have any more than one or two. Not sure if that's because we live in an apartment and there's no room for extra things or whether I'm just not a UFO person. Having said that, I always have a sewing project on the go in my sewing room, plus there are usually two knit/crochet projects for working on in the evenings in front of the tv. One of the two evening projects is usually a pair of socks that I work on as the spirit moves me and I often take it along when I'm having coffee with a friend. I wish you luck in completing some of your projects - you got this!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Good luck - you have so many in process - I will enjoy seeing more of your NYB and the embroidery you show at the end is one that I did once

Marit Johanne said...

Good luck with your UFOs! At least you will not get to the point that you have nothing to do :) The most important is to have fun with what you are working on. Happy new quilting and knitting year!

Jambearies said...

You may not have finished a lot, but look at all the fun you've had! Win-win in my opinion!

Karen S said...

We are so good at starting new projects!!!
Good luck with your plans to catch up and finish those UFOs.
And Happy New Year.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your projects! You have all year to work on them!

Preeti said...

Looks like you will have not a single dull moment in 2024. So many beautiful things to work on and with some luck you will finish them too. happy stitching.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this look back and forward of your projects...all of them wonderful and good beginnings for sure. I will be getting out my Snow Days stitchery soon. I am not stressing about WIP's and have made a plan to work on one a month. January is off to a good start. We'll see how that goes, LOL. Good luck to you too!