Friday, March 3, 2023

RSC - GREEN for March, February UFO Finish

Happy March!
How come it's March already?! Many of you are waiting for spring. Living on the Southern hemisphere, I'm waiting for 'winter in Mauritius'! 'Winter' here does not mean snow, it means the cold season. Beginning April the days are getting cooler. One more month to go, can't wait!

RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color this month is GREEN
Do I have green? Ha-Ha! Silly question of course!
Update: Approximately 30 yards! 


What do I do with green? My goal is to use up as much as possible. Just got a bright idea to make a bed quilt for the little girl's (to whom I made the pink quilt) brother. I may not do the same D9P pattern, rather a 'rail fence'. I got so inspired by Cynthia over at Quilting is more fun than Housework, admiring several of her Rail Fence quilts.  
A dear friend has ordered two pillow cases in green and brown, hope to get them done this month.


A Christmas UFO I would like to finish. This is UFO #14 on my UFO list.

Any progress on your UFOs? 
I've not been working on UFOs so far this year as I intended to. However, I do have one finished UFO for February:


This is my UFO #13 - UFO list 2023
It was an easy finish. I ran out of Superior quilting thread and had to purchase online. Shipping is slow and when it arrived, it was passed the Advent Season. Well, now I can say it is done in time for this year's Advent Season!

Off to measure green fabric yardage!

HAPPY GREEN MONTH!

Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) 2023  
 



14 comments:

Deb A said...

You have a nice finish and a great start on green! Pretty projects on your UFO list. I sometimes wish we could swap UFO's on lists... you have some pretty ones in the works.

Chantal said...

Sounds like you are all set for a busy week. Rail Fence in green, can't wait to see that one. Enjoy! ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well I don't know if it feels a lot cooler for your winter but you sound excited so it must be noticeable - have using the greens!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You do have a lovely finish there and in lots of time for the next advent season. So great to scratch one off the list. Happy Stitching, Astrid.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like you have some great plans for March's RSC -- green. Congrats on sticking with working on the UFO list. That is a great idea.

Jenny said...

Green? I'm just come back from a long holiday so I'm catching up on pink and blue, green will have to wait till next week. I like your little tree blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm sorry to hear you have SEW little GREEN to work with this month, Astrid!! I say that jokingly, as I have at least twice that much and STILL couldn't find an appropriate shade for the binding on my latest quilt project. Congrats on your sweet Advent quilt finish and best of luck with making progress on your next UFO!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have some pretty greens to play with there! I'm looking forward to pulling out my green scraps this month, too!

Cathy said...

Love all your eye candy! Your advent finish is adorable, and I really love that scrappy red and green tree. Can’t wait to see more of that project (ideas are swirling!).

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Looks like you have made a great start sorting through your greens and planning how best to use them.

Marit Johanne said...

I love green, so I am excited to see what you will make this month!

Karen S said...

I like that red and green scrappy triangle. A very interesting UFO>

Ivani said...

Pretty greens to play during March, Astrid. Congrats on a pretty finish.
Will the red and green triangle be Christmas tree? Looking forward to seeing more of your project. Have a nice week.

Susie H said...

Nice job on the finished UFO. Always brings good feelings, right? Wow! Have you got green covered. How's your Rail Fence coming along?