Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Too Many Bunnies and Busy Quilting Week

 One week into March! Any progress on my sewing table? 
Let's see what I've done: 
- Table toppers from this post are quilted and trimmed, bindings cut. 
- Table runner is thread basted (ran out of quilting thread, more on the way)
- Pink girly quilt is trimmed and binding cut
- One big and two small GREEN blocks for the Swirling Stars Quilt and RSC
- two small blocks for the same in BLUE
- Cut white background fabric for the Swirling Stars Quilt's remaining blocks
- 4 Pinwheel star blocks for the Star Streams (blue) quilt

Any progress on UFOs? Nope! 
The goal is to get at least one UFO off the list this month! 

Have you ever had too many bunnies?! 
I think I have! But they are on fabric! lol


I've had these cute bunny fabrics for awhile and I don't know how many times they have jumped to and from the shelf, lost count! Easter is approaching and I have a few ideas for some Easter-ish items. 
What quilting thread color would you use on the bunny stripes? I was thinking maybe blue as the background (sky)? I'd love your opinion! 


Isn't this tulip fabric pretty? 


...and this one?
The tulip fabrics went hiding when I gathered pink for the February RSC! 
These fabrics have GREEN too so I think I'll add them to the RSC GREEN MONTH and let's see what can be done!


Progress on the blue Star Streams quilt,
5 out of 5 Pinwheel blocks done


Two small blue blocks for the Swirling Star Quilt

Will I succeed in reducing my stash with 9.50 yards and hopefully more this month? 

Bunny stripes: 3 yards
Bunny galore: 3.5 yards
Watercolor Tulips: 1.50 yards
Pink/Multi Tulips: 1.50 yards
Total: 9.50 yards




9 comments:

Jeanna said...

It is going to be fun to see what you accomplish in March. The bunny fabrics are cute!

Birthe Marie said...

Så mange flotte prosjekter du har. Blokkene til »starstreams quilt» og «swirling star quilt» er flotte. Veldig fine stoffer også, både tulipanstoffene og det søte kaninstoffet. Jeg er enig med deg at blå tråd blir fint å quilte med på kaninstoffet. Kos deg med både å sy nye og flere blokker , RSC og med å sy noe fint til påske.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been busy , Astrid. I am in love with the bunny fabric and oh those tulips- just beautiful. Happy Tuesday

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I think you're doing good! I tend to work in bursts. I'll get a lot done and then I seem to do nothing! I love your bunny fabrics. I love the quilts you're working on from Fat Quarter Shop.

Helenchaffin said...

Looks like good progress to me! It's been slow going for me I haven't had strength to do much of nothing's g but made myself squeak out a few blocks,luv the fabrics

Chantal said...

You thread-basted a project and ran out of thread. Do you keep the threads after you are done quilting the project? Do you throw out the thread used for the basting? I've never thread-basted something, so I'm just curious here and want to learn. When I'm not sure which colour of thread to use, light grey always wins. It has a tendency to disappear in busy prints. I do believe you have too many bunnies but they are so cute!!! Enjoy! ;^)

Deb A said...

You have been a busy bunny in the sewing room! Love the tulips and the bunnies are adorable. Those blue blocks are looking great! Have a good week.

Pygla puslerier said...

Som alltid; ivrig og så flotte prosjekter på gang! Enig med lys blå for the bunnies, eller plukk opp den lyse grå/gulaktige? fargen fra himmelen, tror den også vil gjøre seg.Tulipanene var bare helt nydelig, mange muligheter med det.

Karen S said...

Those bunnies are fine. As long as they don't nibble the fabric!
Good progress on the blue stars.