Sunday, February 26, 2023

RSC Week #8 - End of the PINK Month

The PINK month is over!
It has been a sew fun month, doing the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) hosted by Angela over at SOS Scrappy.

Where to start? I have a lot to show and tell. Oh, better start with making a CUPPA! Done, and enjoying! 

First of all, progress on the pink quilt; it is quilted! I didn't have to purchase pink thread and wait days for it to arrive! Yippie! Next step is trimming the sides and add binding. 

I'm sure fabric multiplies! At the beginning of February, after counting how many yards of pink I have, I counted approximately 13 yards. I thought I had pulled all pink from the shelves. Nope! 4.75 yards suddenly popped up! Some of the yardage were ugly fabric (in my opinion). That gives a total of approximately 17.75 yards.  I was so determined using up as much pink as I could within February. The pink quilt measures about 66 x 92 inches / 167 x 233 cm, quite some yards went into the quilt, since the back is pieced too. 

What to do with the remaining pinks? 
I decided making some items for my Etsy shop, mostly table toppers, and some coasters. 


Most of the pinks were half yards. I had enough of this pretty primerose (?) fabric to make a table topper and table runner. For this one, the back is pink too.


Since I've been into baskets this month, a basket table runner was born. Thank you for the suggestion Phyllis! Pink floral for the back. 


Tiny pink roses. Have to look for backing for this one. 


Same pink roses fabric with pink sashing, and the back is pink too. 


I've had this big scale floral fabric for some time and didn't know what to do with it. Adding burgundy Moda Marbles sashing, it became two almost identical table toppers


..and one more, with pink backing. 


Pink pastel coasters, insulated with Insul Bright.


Pink with white dots insulated coasters

...and finally


Round reversible placemats; hearts on white and white dots on pink. 

Out of approximately 17.75 yards, I'm left with 4.36 yards, mostly batik. Binding for the pink quilt will be deducted from what I have left and I have an idea for one of the fabric left, maybe a table runner and two placemats, if I have enough of that pink. 

A marathon pink month for sure! Now I'm curious what the color for March will be!  

Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) 2023

HAPPY QUILTING! 


 

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You had some pretty pink florals in your stash, Astrid! They turned into some lovely runners and coasters. I hope they sell well for you!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Gorgeous projects! Really gave me so great inspiration! Thank you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty coasters - hope they sell well to make it worth your while

Char said...

Wow, you had a lot of pink finishes! Congrats!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love everything pink and I love your projects! I can never get a grasp on just how much fabric I have. It does seem to multiply all by itself!!

Jeanna said...

You made some wonderful projects in pink this month. The reversible placemats are a great idea. Congratulations for getting the yardage count down...that is amazing.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful PINK projects, Astrid! Good thinking on stocking up your Etsy shop. Best of luck on sales!

Marit Johanne said...

You got so much nice pink projects done through the month!

Kat said...

Wow, you blasted through the pinks! And it was a short month, to boot. The coasters and table toppers look really nice!