Saturday, February 4, 2023

RSC - February, PINK all over!

How did it happen we're a few days into February already?! Where did January go? I'm sure we all have been busy, I know I have! 

February is the PINK month. RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge - hosted by Angela at SOS Scrappy


When I sorted (some of) my fabrics the other day, I had the RSC in mind. There are certain (fabric) colors I don't have a lot of. Pink, I thought, I don't have a lot of pinks, or browns, or purples. Was I wrong? When gather them all together, sorted on colors, I'm sure I have more than I knew! I roughly measured the pinks; approximately 13 yards.  

I've been pondering what to make...


First is the big block for the scrappy 'Swirling Stars' Quilt. The block measures 22.50" square. 


The smaller blocks; I've made two only. The pattern calls for 16 small and 8 big blocks. I've already made a big block in blue

I couldn't leave it there with those 3 blocks only, more yardage has to be used. 


I got the bright idea to make a pink quilt to a little girl who turns 7 in April! (If her Mom or Grandma read this, it is top secret! lol) Here are a few 5.50" squares I've cut.


I decided to go for 'disappearing 9-patch' blocks. So far I have 5 blocks. Not sure about the quilt size yet. 


My previous post was last Sunday, still a few days left to make more blue blocks. I did some progress on the Split Star blocks for the 'I've got the blues' quilt and  5x 'Fair & Square Star' blocks for the (blue & white) Star Streams quilt.

As you can see, I've been busy. We have had rainy days, best weather to stay inside sewing. From now on I should work on some UFOs! Actually I pulled out UFO #13; 'Woodland Advent Calendar' today. I ran out of thread while quilting it (last year). I've got the thread, time to finish it! I was thinking I start with one of the smallest UFO to finish! lol 

Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023

HAPPY PINK FEBRUARY! 

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your Swirling Stars blocks are especially nice! Good luck with your UFO :)

Chantal said...

Lots of pretty pink fabrics to play with. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful BLUE blocks to finish out January, Astrid! You got a really good start on PINK month, too. Who knew you had SEW many scraps in February's Color of the Month? Happy scrappy sewing!!

Fiona said...

You have made good progress on the pinks already - I have managed to cut some pieces. Love the pink quilt...
Hugz

Char said...

Those swirling stars blocks should use up lots of scraps!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such fabulous pinks you are working with Astrid and the Swirling Star block is gorgeous. Have a great day.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm sure the 7 year old would love a pink quilt, happy stitching!

Maggie said...

The birthday girl will love the pink quilt you are making as a surprise gift for her. Funny how we find more of a colour when we think we do not have much of it in our collection of fabrics, always surprise by that. Looking forward to seeing your big and little star-block quilt. Have a great day.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've been busy stitching up lots of great blocks this week! I really love the Swirling Stars in pink!

Karen S said...

The pinks are lovely. You have made a good start to February.

Jeanna said...

I love all of your pink blocks. The fabrics you selected for the quilt gift is perfect for a little girl. I think you are smart to select the smallest UFO to work on because it will be a quicker finish. That would inspire me to keep going :)

Vicki in MN said...

D9P is always a fun one to make don't you think. And those blue stars are so pretty!

Ivani said...

Have fun with those pretty pinks, Astrid. I like the Swirling Stars blocks.
It is smart to start with the smallest UFOs. Have fun.