Sunday, January 29, 2023

RSC Week #4 - Last of the Blues

 What a wet week! 
We've had much needed rain this week, torrential rain. We got almost 10.50 inches in 24 hours! Lots of flooding, mud water in people's home, a few roads closed. Fortunate there was no cyclone, just rain, and more rain. Very good for the reservoirs! We are fine, just a little bit water in the basement,  which happens every time we get heavy rain. Friday the island shut down; all private and official businesses closed due to the weather, similar warning to a category 4 cyclone. 

I've spent the days sewing. What else to do when there's no venture out?!

The Blue Month continues; the last days of blues


I've made more blocks for 'I've got the Blues'. These are only a few. Out of 28 each, I now have
- 18 Log Cabin blocks
- 10 Split Star blocks
I had a look back to when I started making the blocks; February 2012!!! Take a look here. I think it's time getting it done! 


HA! I see now that I forgot to take photos of the three first finished blocks! This is the layout. 


More blocks for Star Streams 
It's decided: This quilt is gonna be blue and white!

1) Fair & Square Star Block - make 5 (made 3)
2) Pinwheel Star Block - make 5 (made 1) 
3) Cross Star Block - make 5 (made 1)
4) Square in a Square Star Block - make 5 (made 1)
5) Fancy Star Block - make 4 (made 1) 
6) Four Patch Star Block - make 4 (made 1) 
These are the Star blocks, plus 28 Step Blocks (not made yet)


I've made one BIG BLOCK for the Swirling Stars Quilt, measuring 22.50" square! I think I've never made that big quilt block before! lol Hm... it looks like the white square left is dirty, doesn't it? It's not, it's a shade from somewhere (photos taken inside on a cloudy day). 
This one is going to be the RSC quilt. 

I have more fabric cut for 'I've got the Blues'. Since there are still a few days left of the blue month, I'll work on those. Still waiting for the FQ's I've ordered for this quilt. 

Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023

   

12 comments:

Ivani said...

Beautiful blue blocks, Astrid. Love the split star, so cool.
Here we have also had a lot of rain, floods and landslides.
State of alert for weather conditions are always worrying.
Glad to hear you're safe and sound sewing your beauties.
Have a nice week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that split star block. You had a lot of rain for sure.

Birthe Marie said...

Så flotte blå blokker i RSC. Gøy å se de forskjellige stjerneblokkene, og kjekt at du kan fortsette prosjektet med blokker du har sydd tidligere RSC. Lykke til!

Barwitzki said...

You sewed wonderful blocks Astrid.
We also had a lot of gray on gray weather, but now it's snowing again and it looks like a fairytale forest outside... I'm happy... going for a walk and the sewing machine is also ready.

Fiona said...

A lovely range of blue blocks....
Hugz

Jeanna said...

Gorgeous blocks, Astrid. You have a nice collection of blues. I love the split star block. I made some a few years ago to donate to someone who was making a Quilt of Valor.

Nann said...

Nice to meet you, Astrid (I saw your comment on Maggie's blog). Now I'm intrigued to learn more about Mauritius! Meanwhile, what a lovely range of blue blocks for your January RSC.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your blue blocks! You've got lots of great blue fabrics.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love your blue blocks! such a great variety! glad you are safe after so much rain!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh those are great blocks!!
and I hope the rain gets gentle... that sounds very scary!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What pretty blue start blocks!!! All that rain--glad you are okay!

Karen S said...

The blue blocks are looking wonderful.
I am please you didn't get a cyclone. It sounds like there was enough damage without having any stronger winds.