Saturday, January 21, 2023

RSC Week #3 - Not much Done...

 The Blue Month continues

Not much has been done on the blues since I'm still waiting for 'Nina' to return from the Spa. It has been one week now, I just have to practice patience! UGH!
Update Saturday: 'Nina' has got the green light to return home! YEAH!

While waiting...  


...another blue UFO popped up while I was looking for something else!
I had completely forgotten this one. I know why it was put aside; the backing intended for it was used on two placemats (custom order) and I didn't bother looking for replacement at that time. I was searching through my stash some days ago, chose a yellow solid, and green leaves from the same fabric line. It will be just enough for the back and sleeve.

Look what I found in the embroidery box! 


'Bits of Blues' by Plum Pudding Needleart
Stitching on 28ct Pearl Linen, using #7037 'Freedom' from The Gentle Art

If you have read my previous posts, I've said I won't start anything new, rather work on UFOs. Well, now that 'Nina' is still at the Spa, I've sorted some of my fabrics and searched the net for scrappies free patterns. With all those tempting patterns, I ended up with three choices (from Fat Quarter Shop). 'Swirling Stars Quilt', 'Star Streams' and 'Brick House'. You may not be surprised if I say I'd love to make them all for the RSC

My first choice is 'Star Streams'. 
I love it because it has a variety of six star blocks and the step blocks. Since January is the blue (dark and bright blues) month, I've cut blue fabric for three different stars. Aren't they pretty in blues? 


1) Fair and Square Star block
2) Pinwheel Star block
3) Cross Star block

My head is spinning! Make the entire quilt in blues and white? Do another one for the RSC?
Decision! Decision!

Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023




14 comments:

Ivani said...

The Yellow fabric will be perfect for the flowers quilt Ufo. Great start with the cross stitching project, Astrid. Well well, I thing those stars will be a beautiful project just in white and blue as in RSC colors. Looking forward for your decision. Have a nice weekend.

scraphappy said...

You didn't make it long without starting a new project. Your stars would be lovely in rainbows though. Three a month would make a nice quilt by the end of the year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a blue and white quilt would be perfect - but for the RSC also it would be great with all the colors for stars. Hope you get your machine back soon

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty star blocks! I really like the Star Streams quilt design. Your new blue cross-stitch project will be lovely, too. Enjoy your stitching!

Deb A said...

What fun blocks you have picked! I hope the machine had a good time at the spa cleaning and is ready to get back to work! Take care.

Char said...

Astrid, those star blocks are wonderful and I agree the possibilities are endless. I also love the cross stitch project.

Fiona said...

Great your machine is back from the Spa. I love your blocks and they would look good in blue... very hard not to get distracted!

Hugz

Karen S said...

Always love stars. these look great in blue!

Chantal said...

Star Streams is a lovely quilt. It would be stunning all in blue. So, if you make this one all in blue, you can start another one for the RSC, right? Lol. Love the little embroidery you are slowly making. Enjoy! ;^)

Cathy said...

Oh, a blue and white quilt would be wonderful. I've tried to stick with two colors for quilts a couple of times but after awhile I just had to add in more colors. Let's see what you decide to do!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo! That Nina will be home soon. I am sure you will put her straight to work on her return. Such a darling quilt ; it makes me dream of warmer weather. Have a very lovely week, Astrid.

Jeanna said...

I love a blue and white quilt. I really like the blue floss on the pearl white fabric. This is a nice cross stitch piece.

Sara said...

I never get tired of making star blocks, of any shape. They are my very favorite go-to block option. Glad you are getting your machine back. You made good use of the time however, and are all ready to sew. The blue stars are lovely!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I've had to add you to my list as we do share so many stitching interest, Astrid. I have that Crabapple Hill Studio design and would like to get it started. Love the floss you have chosen for it too. Anyway, stars are so popular; you can't go wrong with that choice. You have lots of lovely blues. I also enjoyed seeing your two cross stitch finishes. Very nice! You are very productive!