Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A Little Progress on This and That

 'Nina' returned home Monday! Nothing wrong, just a good cleaning. She's happy now, I can hear it!  A lot of dust accumulated of course, after the last service, about 5 years ago. (Shame on me for not doing it earlier! Have to improve on that!) 

While 'Nina' has been at the Spa, no sewing has been done of course since I don't have a spare machine. The last days I've made a couple of blue blocks, that will be for the Saturday RSC post. 


I enjoy working on 'Over the River...' stitchery. It took some stitches before I got into it again. I try to get in 2-3 hours each day; early mornings and evenings.
 No progress on 'Bits of Blue', see my previous post

I've gone through some of my fabrics, sorted on colors. I still have some to do. While doing that, can you believe I found two forgotten UFOs?! Two handbags, this time! (Photos later). 


Another UFO on the table for basting.
Update: Thread basting done last night.
I also thread basted the spring wall hanging (previous post)

HAPPY QUILTING! 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilt that you show - glad your machine is back and you are now ready to sew again

Julierose said...

I love your "Over the River stitching;)) that quilt you "found" is just gorgeous--what a beauty--nice work hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am sure you are glad Nina is back and home and as humming nicely. Your Over the River is looking fabulous and what a beauty that you are fixing to baste.

Jeanna said...

Whew! You have been busy, in spite of Nina's absence. I love your Over the River stitchery.

Marit Johanne said...

You must be happy to have your Nina back home so you can sew again. The Over the River stitchery is beautiful.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see you having time to embroider.
And good luck finishing the basting. That is also my challenge at the moment.

PaintedThread said...

I love those NYB blocks!

Michelle said...

Astrid I love your New York Beauty. Just gorgeous! You’ve got me wanting to make one.