Saturday, February 10, 2024

RSC Week #6 - RED Blocks and BOM

Another week has passed and it's time for RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge - update.

My intention was not to participate in any BOM or QAL this year, because I have way too many UFOs that have to be finished. 
Did I stick to that? Nope! I couldn't resist Sherri McConnel's 'A Quilting Life' BOM 2024. A new block is posted first Monday of each month. I'm doing the blocks in scrappy RSC colors and here is the January block in green. The blocks come in two sizes; 8" and 16". I'm doing the 16" (more scraps used!) 

I waited patiently for the February block and it did not disappoint! 


I really like how it turned out in red

I made eight Split-9 blocks too


They are made from 3" and 3.5" (HST) already cut 

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge
  

 




8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is hard to stick with UFO's - I just sold one of mine that someone else wants to make into a wall hanging - one less hanging around

Jenny said...

Your red blocks look very nice indeed. Like you, I wasn't going go get too involved with RSC blocks this year, because of RSC unfinished tops from previous years. But that didnt happen, and I'm making a few easy blocks sets again.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very pretty! That block is unusual I think - I know I've never seen it before anyway.

Chantal said...

Your red blocks are wonderful, Astrid. I love the BOM block. Great job! ;^)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These are very beautiful blocks, Astrid. Love your fabrics as always. I'm tempted too to stitch these...I'm on a roll using up my stash and want to keep it interesting.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your RED scrap sewing, Astrid!!

Karen S said...

All these blocks look great in red. Lovely work.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Ooh these blocks are beautiful, Astrid. The Split nine patch is a fabulous design and what a lovely February block. Thank you so much for leaving us a link to the SAL. Enjoy your day.Hugs.