Saturday, March 23, 2024

RSC Week #12 - Purple UFOs and Green Split-9s

How did it happen it's weekend again?! I hope you all had a good and creative week.

The week started with more rain (as if that was a surprise!), but got better midweek. What's better staying warm and comfy inside playing with fabrics?! Purple and green, that is. 

Not much playing with purple since all the blocks I needed to do are done. If you missed it, click here and here


However, I did cut the backing for the two purple UFOs (from last year).
When I made the big quilt, I had enough purple to make a pieced backing, but needed to purchase more for the sides, top and bottom. 


For the smaller quilt, the backing is one piece. 
Both quilts are thread basted and ready to be quilted. I went through all the purple threads I have and 'of course' there's not enough of the color that matches the backing! More is on its way, should get it within two weeks. 

What else have I done this week? 


I sold an XL Norwegian Flag table runner (Etsy Shop) and since I have all the fabrics, I decided to make another one. Thread basted too and ready for quilting. 


I'm working on two scrappy green and white/cream table quilts to a dear friend in Norway. Green is his favorite color and I think these 'split 9' blocks look great in green. Here's the table runner


...and the table topper. I love the scrappy look! The blocks are made using 2" and 2.5" squares, all from my already cut squares. To use up more green; the back and binding will be Moda Marbles from my stash. 
I'm writing this post early Saturday morning. Coffee mug is almost empty, I think that means 'get to it', which means add border to the table runner!
 
Afternoon update: added border to the table runner, went grocery shopping, had lunch. I needed a short nap, woke up two hours later! I guess I needed it. We took advantage of the nice weather (from midweek) and spent three days long overdue yard working. So glad we did, today we have rain showers off and on. Same weather is predicted for tomorrow = sewing day! Happiness!  

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2024 

HAPPY  SCRAPPY QUILTY WEEKEND! 

 
 

11 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Purple is one of my favourite colours but have to say I really like the green design. Your friend is going to be happy with those!

Sara said...

Awesome progress on so many projects. The Split-9 blocks are so versatile with layout options.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you've gotten a lot done this week! It always feels great to move a UFO forward. I really like the green tablerunner and topper - I bet your friend will too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a lot of pretty patchwork in your house!

Jambearies said...

Green is my favorite color, so I also love those table quilts! Your friend is one lucky person!

Chantal said...

You had a busy week. Too bad for the thread missing 'cause I think you were on a roll there. Enjoy the sewing weather. ;^)

Maggie said...

Beautiful projects and a sale too. Your projects look amazing.

Jenny said...

Havent you been busy! I love those green table toppers you are making for your friend.

Susie H said...


Very nice projects. How nice to be able to sew for a guy, already knowing what he'd like. We usually struggle with guy-gifts. Hope you were able to enjoy the sewing (rainy) days.

Karen S said...

The Norwegian table runner looks great. And i like seeing the green blocks, too.

Jeanna said...

You were super busy! I love the table topper and runner.