Saturday, March 16, 2024

RSC Week 11 - More Purple and Catch Up on Keep the Home Fires Burning

 Another week has passed. March is still 'PURPLE', meaning working with purple fabrics for the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2024).

I've made the remaining 9-patches 


The pattern calls for 15 9-patches. I'm making them in RSC colors and may need another purple depending on the other upcoming colors. 

A little progress on the purple quilt I mentioned in my previous post:
When I pulled it out, I had forgotten I made two quilts! Just a little pre-senile! lol Part of the backing for the big quilt is pieced, I just had to add more to the sides, top and bottom. The backing for the small quilt is one piece, cut too, as well as the batting for both. (No photos today). 

I made only a few 4-patches in red and green for the above quilt. A bit marathon sewing last weekend (it was raining! Surprise!) and I'm all caught up with those colors. Easy-peasy, since I already have the required square sizes cut and HST (half-square-triangles) from other projects. 


Bowties, 9-patches, friendship stars, another 9-patches and pinwheels in green.
I couldn't resist that cute bunny in two blocks! 


...and here they are in red.

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

HAPPY CREATIVE WEEKEND! 




8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a lot of colorful blocks

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful rainbow of bocks. You have made great progress.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Keep the Homefires Burning looks like a fun quilt design! I love that you're sewing the blocks along with the RSC. They're looking good!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Such luscious purple fabrics and so many varieties of blocks. You should have quite the collection RSC quilts at the end of the year. Love the term pre-senile.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You've been busy! Of course the purples are my favourites.

Maggie said...

So many beautiful blocks and using all the blocks waiting in the wings. Our weather has been all four seasons in one day on steroids. Living on an Island must be filled with lots of colours and so much inspiration from nature each and every day. Have a wonderful week.

Jeanna said...

All of our blocks look great. You made the most of a rainy day.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely collection of blocks, Astrid!