Saturday, May 4, 2024

RSC Week 18 - PINK for May

 Welcome May! 
May already! How did that happen?! 

Angela at Super Scrappy has chosen PINK for May's RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

This year, I'm making different blocks in the RSC colors. 
As I have mentioned earlier, I like to do all the blocks at the beginning of each month so that I can concentrate on other things when the blocks are done.

Since the last Saturday in April was on 27th, we got a head start on Pink! 

All the blocks for 'Keep the Home Fires Burning' are done 


6 four-patches


3 Friendship blocks


Different 9-patches


2 Pinwheel blocks


5 Bowties blocks
(note that I did get the bowties right this time! lol)


8 Split 9s


4 Scrap Jars


Zipper blocks

Since I used up most pink yardage for Arreli's quilt (last year), I had only three pink fabrics to cut the long strips and squares for these blocks. 

May's BOM block - Sherri McConnel, 'A Quilting Life', will be published Monday, May 6th.

Linking up with Angela and the RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

HAPPY SCRAPPY WEEKEND! 




13 comments:

Mary said...

Your pink blocks are really pretty, Astrid. Great progress!

Sara said...

So much pretty pink! You have pink mastered.

Sue said...

Love your pinks! I'm making Split 9s this year, too. And every time I see Scrap Jars blocks, I'm reminded how cute they are & how I need to make some. Yours are darling.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are making many nice quilts with all your block designs - I hope to really work on mine next month

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

May took me by surprise, too! You have a lot of pretty pinks. I especially love the scrap jar stars!

time4stitchn said...

It was so good to hear from you! I am impressed with all the various pink blocks you have made. Looking back at your purple quilt, I love and admire your quilting of it yourself. Your seams look so straight and make a great addition to the quilt top.

Char said...

Wow Astrid you’ve been busy, I’m just finishing up with yellow. I love your pink blocks, thanks for the inspiration!

Jenny said...

Lots of pretty pink blocks, looks like you have many quilts on the go.

Chantal said...

We are only in the first week of Pink and you've already done so much! They are all lovely, especially the bowties, lol. ;^)

Preeti said...

Such a pretty parade of precious pink blocks :-) Love them all!

Deb A said...

Such a great array of pretty pink scrap blocks you have made. Enjoy your week.

Helenchaffin said...

Lots of pretty pink progress!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your PINK blocks, Astrid!