Monday, July 5, 2010

Marion's Quilt


I'm not sure I have much to tell, simply because I haven't done much lately.
Well, that's not the right way to say it... I have done quite a lot, but most of what I have done are secret swaps and therefore no photos allowed until the recipients have received it. :)

Remember I did some log cabin blocks awhile ago (here)?
Last week I spent some days assembling the blocks. 


It looks like Birre-Liten likes it, or he wants to tell me there's something missing where he's sitting! :)) I thought so too; it looks like one row of blocks are missing on each side. Luckily I had more of the same blocks, so I added what I thought was missing.



I had to use red/yellow/pink blocks in the corners, but all in all I'm more satisfied with the look of this one; square.
I thought I had fabric for the border & binding, but no... I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I get it and hopefully then I'll finish it.
This is going to be a gift for my dear friend Johnny's mother. She moved house this weekend, so I thought a quilt (for the winter) will keep her warm & comfortable.
I thought I had enough blocks for two lap quilts, but since I did the addition on this quilt, there are not enough blocks for another one... I've decided to put the remaining blocks aside and make more later on... I still have fabric from "Art to Heart", but not much left of "Cider Mill Road" - as I've used in this quilt.

12 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

It turns out great Astrid. Lovely blue from where I'm and the corner blocks look very fitting. Another great quilt - Hugs Nat

ria vogelzang said...

Well, I think it's great what you are showing us!! It just looks gorgeous!
And those red/yellow/pink cornerblocks are so lovely! It looks better then when the blocks were the same colour as the rest of the quilt.
So: a good choice!
Enjoy!

heather said...

I like that color combination in the log cabins.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I really like your use of color in this quilt. This is the pattern I'd like to make one day myself.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow what pretty colours you have used...I love it. Log Cabin is one of my favourites!!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! If it weren't for the fact that Marion ought to have the quilt to go with her new home, I'd try to talk you into naming it Michelle's quilt. ;-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Johnny's mother is going to love this quilt - it turned out really well, such pretty colors.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kjerstis løse tråder said...

Dette var nydelig, Astrid! So beautiful log cabin blocks. The two "missing" rows made it more complete, and also very creative. I'm sure your friend will be very happy to receive this.

Dirt Lover said...

Funny, I thought the first picture was nice, didn't think anything was needed, and then I looked at your second picture. Wow, what a difference! I really like how it turned out, and you did a nice job on the corners. Thanks for sharing.
~~Lori

Sissel H.S said...

Flott teppe, log cabin er noe av det fineste jeg vet :-)

Nettie said...

What a beautiful quilt and a sweet kitty-cat ;o) thankyou for your kind words, it means such a lot.

By the way, do you like Christmas then?! keep well, {hugs} Nettie x

Mildekari said...

Det der var jo bare nydelig!! :))))