Saturday, September 12, 2026

RSC Week 37 - Purple / Solstice Update / Blogger Problems

First of all: BLOGGER PROBLEMS!!!!
While others have had problems, I haven't, but now it seems to be my turn.
I read blogs every day, from my 'Reading List'. About 3 days ago, I noticed there are NO NEW BLOG POSTS from any of you! I was thinking; that can't be?! I checked out a few blogs from the comment page, and yes, there were new posts, which do not show up in my 'Reading List' since some days!
I have not changed anything, it must be Blogger?? 
Any of you facing the same problem? 
Any solution? 
I know some of you have set up blogs you follow in the sidebar, maybe that is what I have to do to be sure I get your latest posts?

*********

RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color for September is purple. 
I was thinking I do some purple 9-patches, but that didn't happen.
This month, I'm giving priority to quilt my scrappy 'Solstice'


One purple block was quilted (that counts, right?).


It involved some wrestling, as you can see on the photo (below)


I'm custom quilting each block (25 blocks) and I'm happy to say I'm a bit more than halfway!


 Two sides are done, I'm currently quilting the centre block. It's a big block; 32" (81 cm) square (finished).

HAPPY QUILTING

***********

Linking up with:



 

15 comments:

Sarah Aldrich said...

Exactly the same problem for me!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

My problem was not being able to leave comments on blogs! It's always something... Your quilting looks great, Astrid - keep going!

Sara said...

I've had the same problem with the Reading list this week too. And one day had some trouble adding a photo to my own post. I like those blocks a lot. So very pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love that PURPLE Honey Bee blocks you quilted, Astrid! Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

JustGail said...

I'm seeing the same lack of updates on Blogspot blogs I read and use their reading lists. I don't think setting up your own sidebar will help. It's a bit frustrating. It seems like this started right after they fixed commenting issues that cropped up last week?? Did they make changes and "forgot" to let their bloggers know about any settings they need to restore/change/set? That's not unheard of, sadly.
MMM purples for September! Why is it so hard to find a good purple that doesn't lean too blue or orchid?! It's even harder than finding a good yellow that doesn't veer to gold or green.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know leaving comments on blogs was an issue last week but that fixed itself and I had a problem adding photos to a post for a few hours. Now I am hearing that some people are having issues with their feeds. So far I *think* my Inoreader feed seems to be working okay. Most likely they'll fix the issue in a day or two; probably doing some sort of update.

Jenny said...

I'm having the same problem too, my list isnt updating. So to post on RSC I had to click on the blog name which brought up the current post, and go from there. I thought it was just me.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I've gone through that at times too. I don't know how it happens. I use Feedly reader and I have some on the side bar which I haven't updated in ages - I need to do that.

Karen said...

Love your purple stitchings. Spent more than an hour trying to figure out why blog list not updating. It seems quite widespread, and not for the first time. Work around is to open each one in the list to see the new posts.

Bonnie said...

It's always something, isn't it! Keep on quilting that beautiful quilt. It's hard to maneuver it under the needle but so worth it in the end.

Carolyn said...

Your solstice quilt is pretty! Sorry about your blogger problems. I don’t use a reading list; I have blogs I follow listed on my sidebar, and so far no problems with that. Or at least none that I’ve noticed.

Vicki in MN said...

That is a lot of quilt to wrestle with on a domestic, but in the end you will have a gorgeous quilt:)

Karen S said...

Good luck sorting out your blog problems. It can be very frustrating.
And good luck wrestling that quilt too!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I have been having the same troubles, Astrid, but today it seems to be working. Solstice is so pretty. I just love that purple little block. Enjoy your time working on this beauty.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I hear you about the blogger problems. I too hope that the issues are resolved soon. You are making good progress wrestling that quilt on your domestic; but, it is working!!!!